This is photo obtained from the National Archives showing Denoon Street looking west.
The Pictou Foundry in 1941.
Frank Salters in 1971.
Pictou from the shore.
The Marine Hospital.
Lobster traps in Caribou during the 1980s.
Left to right: Dana Wong, Brian Beck, Roli Babinec, unknown, unknown.
Henderson Shoe Store in 1950.
The waterfront fire in 1959.
A car at Don MacMillans service station during the 1920s.
A floating house.
Pictou Academy's Girls Basketball Team in 1959.
The pea factory.
A sleigh ride during the winter.
Rudolph Grohmann sharpened lawn mower blades in addition to making knives.
Seaforth during 1949.
Victory Heights during the 1950s.
In 1942 this sailor was standing in front of the three storey building that housed Neville's Grocery which was on the corner of Coleraine and St. Andrews Street.
This 1928 photo shows Santa visiting the Oddfellows Home. Note the decorations of those times!
Dan English was Deputy Town Clerk for the Town of Pictou in 1971.
Do you remember when Teddy Cameron had his bottle exchange on Market Street?
The Terrace Cottage later became known as the Annex. It was located next to the Braeside Inn and was torn down in the 1960s. It was a popular place for tourists to stay.
Some of those attending the christening of a ship at Ferguson Ind. Ltd. shipyard are Rev. John Roberts, Allan Ferguson Sr., J. B. Ferguson, Allan Ferguson Jr. and Father Morley.
The Pictou Refitters hockey team 1945-1946.
Special Constable Donnie Wright and Kinsman Bill MacLellan ride elephants in a parade on Water Street. Note the location of the Sears business.
Note the beauty of the pulpit of the St. James Anglican Church decorated for Christmas in the early 1960s.
The ferry, Maple Leaf, was registered in Pictou in 1891. It traveled annually from Pictou to Pictou Landing and then tied up for the winter at the end of Coleraine Street.
This spectacular photo of Pictou Harbour shows a variety of boats and Pictou Landing in the background.
Do you remember the Onslow Lass Dairy?
This building was known as the Commercial Centre and is today's Pictou Pharmasave on Water Street. The name and date of 1865 has been recreated in the recent renovations.
1959-1960 Pictou Academy girls soccer team. See more photos of the 1950s on display at the deCoste Entertainment Centre.
This house is located on the corner of Denoon and Wellington Streets. The present owners are Dr. Ed Hawkins and Dr. Kora Hanrahan and family.
Pictou Lighthouse burned on July 5, 2004.
St. James Anglican Church Choir members.
Front Row: l-r: Donnie Murphy, Eleanor Heighton, Monica, Alice Campbell, Winnie Reynell, Paul Morrow.
Middle Row: l-r: Charlotte deCoste, Hazel Roddam, Rev. Cecil Hebb, Joyce Brown, Alice Reid, Lillian Clarke
Back Row: l-r: Bruce Heighton, Mel Langille, Jim Murphy, Vic Hemmings, Evan Crowe, Lester Clarke
Many visitors could be found on Sunday afternoons at the popular Barry's Mills. This photo was taken in 1900. Note the gowns worn by the ladies.
Great celebrations took place this summer as former students celebrated the 200th anniversary of Pictou Academy.